If you are planning on your next vacation destination, why not go into the lap of nature in Ouray, Colorado.
Bring Out Your Adventurous Side in Ouray
Ouray is commonly known for its mountains and scenic landscapes. If you are thinking about where to stay in Ouray, then the Ouray Chalet Inn would be the perfect choice for you. This inn is located right in the main street and many of the rooms have a breathtaking view of the mountains. The rooms are clean and comfortable with a friendly front desk and hotel staff.
Ouray has a lot of places to explore. You can begin your day by walking and exploring the Box Canyon Cascade Falls, which is a short distance from the Ouray Inn. This is a mesmerizing view of the cascading waterfall surrounded by canyons.
If you like adventures, you can plan on:
- Ride-N ATV Adventures – You can rent ATV’s for either full or half days and gorge on the view of spectacular mountains.
- Action Adventures Trail Rides – Experience the Wild West life with these trail rides. Get a fully-fledged view of the Rocky Mountains and plan an overnight camping trip with your loved ones.
- Switzerland of America Jeep Adventures – This includes a full-day tour of the San Juan Mountains, Imogene Pass, Corkscrew, and the Black Bear Pass with expert guides updating you about the rich heritage of the city.
- Ridgway Area Trail System – If you like biking, then you will love this trail. You can choose from different trails and enjoy amidst the beautiful mountains.
- Alpine Scenic Jeep Tours & Canyoning Colorado Tour – These jeep tours offer you a complete tour of Ouray city. The Canyoning Colorado tour offers you an upfront experience scaling the canyon by walking, swimming or rappelling
Get Equipped with the Rich Heritage of the City
If you like to indulge in the history of Ouray, then you can opt for:
- Animas Forks Ghost Town
- Bachelor Syracuse Mine Tour
- Historic Western Hotel
- Historical Walking Tour
- Ouray Alchemist Museum
- Ouray County Museum
- Ouray County Ranch History Museum
- Ouray Mule & Carriage Company
At the end of the day, you can relax at Mouse’s Chocolates & Coffee, Ouray Brewery, Ouray Hot Springs Park, and Ouray Ice Park with a favorite drink in your hand. If you have time in your hands, you can even visit the Wright Opera House, KJ Wood Distilleries and Brickhouse 737
Ouray has a lot to offer to its tourists. This is a good place to relax and unwind amidst nature.