Planning your honeymoon should be all about romance, and what can possibly be more exciting than Scandinavia? If you are not sure as which city to pick, Copenhagen should fit the bill for the right reasons. The Danish capital is home to great palaces, museums, and castles, and you will find some exciting activities worth exploring with your spouse. If you want to plan your honeymoon in Copenhagen, we have some handy tips below.
- Skip the hotels. While Scandinavian cities are expensive for sure, Copenhagen does have cheaper alternatives. However, we are talking of your honeymoon here, and you don’t want to stay in one of the cheap hotel rooms. Check online for furnished apartments Copenhagen, and you will find some amazing choices in Østerbro district. Book in advance for the best deals and properties.
- Rent a bike. Copenhagen is known for its incredible transport system, but exploring the city works better on a bike. You can rent bikes by the hour, and there are dedicated lanes in most parts of the city. These bikes often have GPS-enabled tablets, so you can go around a romantic ride together.
- Make time for Tivoli Gardens. People may believe that amusement parks are for kids, but you will find Tivoli Gardens worth your time, even on a honeymoon. The entry to the park is free with the Copenhagen Card, but you have to pay for the rides individually. If you are going on a Friday, don’t miss the fireworks.
- Try Nordic cuisine. If you and your spouse are foodies, you must indulge in Nordic cuisine, which is all about fresh, local produce, and some of their basic dishes feel special. On a lazy day, you can grab a hot dog on the go, or try the Danish pastries, porridge, and bread. Don’t miss the apple wine here.
- Enjoy drink at Nyhavn. Nyhavn is the historic area on the waterfront that has townhouses dating back to 17th The houses here are colored in bright shades, and on the ground floor, you will find cafés and bars, most of which serve amazing but expensive food. If you want to treat your beloved, this is the place to go.
If you are booking hotel apartments in Copenhagen, we recommend that you check well in advance and find the necessary details before you arrive. We promise your stay will be worth all the memories.