WHO declared Covid-19 a health emergency when the world saw 125,000 total cases of coronavirus in March 2020. With widely spreading of Covid-19, we don’t know yet when we will emerge out of this isolation and start to gain the normalcy. The government of different countries took a variety of steps to contain the virus from spreading. The three most common steps that Government all over the world took are:
- Restrictions on travelling
Indian Government, apart from above-mentioned steps,introduced an app called the Arogya Setu app. The app works as a corona tracker by enabling the user to detect the hotspot of coronavirus around his/her area. The idea behind the app is that by providing the information of the hotspot, people can keep themselves safe and prevent community transmission to a certain extent. The app also alerts the user by geotagging if he is near to the hotspot.
The app also allows users to self-identify the risk and monitor their health condition. The app enables users to identify the symptoms and educate them about the best safety measures concerning the spread of Covid-19.
Initially, the downloading app was mandatory for a person taking the flights in order to increase the user base of the app to gather the maximum information to contain the spread of Covid-19.
How does it work?
The app works via the GPS and Bluetooth feature of smartphones. Using Bluetooth, it determines whether the user has been near to the infected person by checking the database of the cases in India.
Advantages of the Arogya Setu app:
- User and the authorities remain informed in case he has crossed his path with the infected person.
- Being a Bluetooth based technology, there is no need for internet connectivity, so it works best even on the flights.
- The app has several features like self-assessment test, do’s and don’ts related to the Covid-19 situation.
- When the symptoms of the user resemble that of Covid-19, it will advise the user to visit the nearest health centre to get himself/herself checked for Covid-19.
- The app also displays the helpline number of each state so that a user can take advantage of that.
Travelling is fun, but sometimes it is also a necessity. If you have to attend necessary meetings or need to pay a visit to your relatives urgently, it is advisable to download the app to keep yourself safe from the epidemic. Before booking Delhi to Goa flights, Delhi to Mumbai flights, Mumbai to Delhi flights, it is a wise decision to download the app.